Personal Safety When Getting Into a Car with Your Kids
Awareness of your surroundings is important when getting into a car with your kids in public places. To ensure your families safety, here are some tips to help keep you safe and aware.
- Before you get into your car, look around and make sure there are no suspicious people or activities in the area. If you feel uncomfortable, trust your instincts and wait until you feel safe to get into your car.
- Have your car keys ready before you get to your car, so you can quickly unlock the door and get inside. This can help you avoid spending too much time outside the car, which can increase your risk of danger.
- Always secure your child in the car seat before you start driving. This will help prevent your child from being injured if you get into an accident.
- Make sure all the car doors are locked once you and your children are inside the car. This can help prevent anyone from trying to get into the car while you're driving.
- Avoid using your phone or doing anything that can distract you while you're driving. This will help you stay focused on the road and aware of your surroundings.
- If you're going to be getting into your car at night, try to park in well-lit areas. This can help you see your surroundings better and discourage any potential attackers.
- Call a friend or family member to let them know where you are, that you’re hitting the road, and where you’re heading so someone knows your whereabouts.
Remember that personal safety is important, and taking these steps can help keep you and your children safe when getting into a car. Always check your surroundings, park in well trafficked and lit areas, and if you feel threatened, seek help from police or security in the area.
Right now, if you sign up for the the KidsEmbrace email list to receive updates on safety issues, sales, and special deals, we'll give you 20% off your first order at KidsEmbrace.com
KidsEmbrace meets and exceeds the FMVSS 213 Standard set out by NHTSA, and has won several Family Choice Awards for our car seats, as well as being named a "Best Bet Booster" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, which gives you peace of mind. Our bright colors, fan favorite characters, and other kid friendly features will make your kids want to get into their car seats, and stay in them safely.