5 Reasons Not to Buy a Used Car Seat
Saving money is always a good thing, however, one thing you never want to buy used is a car seat for the most precious cargo you'll ever carry, your children. Even upon close inspection, there is no way to tell if a car seat has been in an accident, has safety updates, or has been altered in some way that will cause it to not work as intened. Below is a quick list of reasons you never want to skimp on your child's car seat:
- Safety: Car seats have an expiration date, and their effectiveness in protecting children in case of an accident decreases over time. A used car seat may have been involved in a previous crash or may have been exposed to wear and tear, making it less effective in protecting your child in the event of an accident.
- Unknown History: If you buy a used car seat, you may not know its history. For example, it may have safety updates, it has been damaged, or improperly installed, and the previous owner did not disclose this information.
- Safety Updates: Car seat manufacturers issue safety updates to fix defects that can compromise the safety of the seat. If you buy a used car seat, you can't be sure there haven't been any updates issues for that seat, or if any necessary repairs have been made.
- Compatibility: Some car seats are designed to fit specific vehicles and may not fit properly in your car, even if they appear to be in good condition.
- Warranty: Most car seat manufacturers offer warranties that only apply to the original owner. If you buy a used car seat, you may not be able to take advantage of the warranty if the seat has any defects or issues.
These are just a few reasons why you want to purchase a car seat for your children that is brand new, and will ensure their safety if the need ever comes up.
Harness Car Seat
Buzz Lightyear 2-in-1
Harness Car Seat
High Back Booster
2-in-1 Car Seat
For more help, you can visit our KidsEmbrace installation page here. You can also visit the National Child Passenger Safety Certification website for more information and locations. Visit the site.KidsEmbrace meets and exceeds the FMVSS 213 Standard set out by NHTSA, and has won several Family Choice Awards for our car seats, as well as being named a "Best Bet Booster" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety, which gives you peace of mind.
Our bright colors, fan favorite characters, and other kid friendly features will make your kids want to get into their car seats, and stay in them safely.
Check Out Our Favorite Collections
2-in-1 Car Seats